Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Holy Place

Love helps to make things holy. And there is definitely a lot of love in our room!

Joey and I, with the help of Granma Lin and others at church, were able to attend church meetings today. Peter studied about Peter the great prophet from the New Testament with Granma Lin. He also enjoyed a visit with my dad and siblings this afternoon before they went to Shelter Gardens, where Joey and Joseph Michael joined them. What a beautiful day! Joey, Joseph Michael, and I also went on a short walk in the field near the hospital. If we could have just had Peter with us it would have been perfect. We look forward to many family walks together.

I was surprised by a wonderful visit from some friends from church--Sheri, Clare, Amethyst, Kathryn, and Lauren. They brought beautiful flowers and a lovely card from other friends from Relief Society (I will cherish it). They were so sweet to come and truly brightened my life with their visit. I loved spending time with them. Peter was happy to show off some of his tricks--downing his milk, smiling, sleeping, looking around...:) I hope he can recognize the great love so many are showing to him. I feel very keenly the love being expressed to me and my family and wish I had the means to express my gratitude more capably.

Grama Lee and Grampa Jim also came to visit tonight. We were all glad to see them. They both got to hold sweet Peter. It is an incredible miracle and gift how far this precious baby has progressed since last Sunday. I cannot believe the mercies Heavenly Father has poured out upon us. Every breath is a gift from Him.

Today was a little break from tests/interventions besides Peter's standard antibiotic, other meds, and his basic vital checks throughout the day. I will post as soon as we hear more about his MRI and other scans for this week. We know Heavenly Father is answering our prayers and is perfectly aware of us and all who are praying for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment