Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring Time in the Big City

We've been busy, busy around here lately. A lot of sickness, but I won't go into those not so fun details except to say it's been coming back for weeks now and hopefully we're at the end for awhile! Joey is studying right now for his last big Anatomy test before spring break (if he does well enough we are going to celebrate at Arthur Bryant's tomorrow:)). I've been trying to do a daily journal for the boys, though it often becomes more of a weekly journal, but I am making some progress toward that goal. Hopefully as I improve in that arena it will trickle onto here so that the grandparents have some place to see what our little cuties are up to besides in random text messages/pictures!

Waiting for Daddy to have a quick break to walk to the park. Joseph Michael is wearing 3 shirts, shorts and pants, and insisted he needed his jacket zipped up. He said it "helped him to be warmer." I love their smiles:)
With the beautiful weather, we've been hitting up a lot of the Kansas City parks. The boys have been in heaven. Lots of bubbles and just exploring outside too. Sometimes we even get to go with Daddy, and he plays with the boys when he takes quick study breaks!


Peter at the park near Joey's school


Not sure why the picture looks funny, but he's blowing grass.
Joseph Michael is a very confident climber. His favorite is probably the slides but he loves everything so much, I'm not sure. Maybe his real favorite is playing with Peter, any children who happen to be at the park, or Daddy! At one park he had fun exploring a big stick pile, made "grass eggs," and lots of other pretend play.

Peter just loves to ramble around any where outside. If the door opens, he is out! Joey discovered that he can hang onto the pull up bar by himself for several seconds. What a strong boy!
Go, Peter! Our strong boy!

And his big brother is strong too and quite a gymnast

Daddy studying hard while we play


I ordered sample preschool curricula from two different programs recently, and we've had fun working on some of the activities, particularly the crafts :). Joseph Michael is really needing some "challenge" as far as different things to work on, and Peter is up for basically anything, so we've been trying to have "school" time like Joey does. We've made scented play dough (loved it!), played store and learned about pennies and dimes, found letters in books, etc. I've also been trying to brave more outings solo for the boys. We've been going to play groups when we aren't sick, some fun malls and stores, and out for breakfast. The boys behaved perfectly when we went to Denny's the other morning, and they seemed to think it was the best thing ever.

Breakfast at Denny's. We all loved it!


Joseph Michael, the proud artist

Joseph Michael, the "princess"


Dancing, soccer, reading, and vacuuming, part of our daily fun.


Joseph Michael is so clever--somehow he just "knows" things. I've had a pile of things that I have been wanting to put away for a long time. I finally did in a drawer in the boys dresser that doesn't work very well, so I don't use it very often. Joseph Michael wasn't nearby. Yet somehow later he comes in with his cute blue suitcase--full of the things that I had put away in the drawer. That drawer hasn't been opened in weeks and doesn't seem to have any appeal for why he would open that drawer today. He does things like that all the time. He's very observant.

Peter learned how to flush the toilet. Oh, he was proud. One more reason to make sure the bathrooms are always closed...

What else have I been up to besides the 'normal' routine? I've been playing the piano more for church, along with enjoying my fairly new calling as primary chorister. Thanks to pinterest, I've been trying out new recipes more frequently and finally have a go-to bread machine wheat bread we all like. I'm feeling better overall compared to past pregnancies at this stage, so that's been nice! I'm anxious and excited for my first appointment next week. I can't believe I'm already 4 months along!
 
At the play area at the Independence Center



I asked Joey what I should say about him for a blog update. He couldn't think of anything. But it's certainly not from a lack of things to do! Of course he's been extremely busy studying, but still finds time to play with the boys every day, go on a date every week with me, serve in his new calling as executive secretary, and just being an overall great guy who does nice things for people all the time. We got to work as a family at the temple, clearing the highway. (Joey was the real muscle man but the boys and I tagged along.) It looks amazing! We can't wait for the temple to open--imagine 15 minutes to the temple!
Poor pic, but the lights are incredible
The hard-working O'Loughlin boys (I couldn't get Peter in the picture)

Well, that's all for now! We're so excited for spring break and the chance to see many of you soon. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for these wonderful pictures and stories of you recent adventures. How grateful i continue to be for the miracle of 1 year ago when our beautiful Peter recovered so perfectly. I am so grateful that Joseph has you and the boys to love and support him and bring him such happiness.
    Seeing and reading this wonderful Blog of information about your wonderful family has truly cheered my day!
    I love you! Can't wait to see you all!!

    ReplyDelete